Steps for Online Payment of Service Tax:
1. Log on to “www.aces.gov.in”.
2. Select “E-PAYAMENT” option.
3. Select “Please click here”.
4. Enter “Assessee Code” (i.e. Your Service Tax Registration Number) and also Enter the “Image Verification” displayed then it will automatically display the registration details and please verify whether the same are correct.
5. Then click on “Select Accounting Codes for Service Tax” a list of service with codes will be displayed in that please select the Service for which you want to pay the Service Tax and also select the “PRIMARY EDUCATION CESS” and “SECONDARY AND HIGHER EDUCATION CESS” and then click on the “Submit Button” available at the down.
6.Then select your Bank from the drop down menu given opposite to Select Bank Name and click on “Proceed” and then Click on “Submit to the Bank”.
7. It will take you to your bank website and from there provide your bank User Name & Pass Word and enter the Service Tax and Primary Education Cess and Secoundary and Higher Education Cess to be paid in amount columns and authorise the transaction and after successful payment please download the payment challan.